Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Meta Resolve

I don't really like New Years resolutions, as I hate to make promises I might not keep. As you can tell from this late date still thinking about resolutions, I have been guilty about something that I'm now ready to make at least a small commitment. I haven't been writing very often, and I now commit to blogging at least once a day for 15 days. I figure that's long enough that I may actually develop the habit.

Since new years I've been thinking about my favorite things in 2006 and I'll be writing more about them in the days to come. Here are a few of the things I've discovered, or enjoyed in 2006:

1. Podcasts, particularly Escape Pod and Pseudopod as well as the Sciam podcasts
2. Netvibes. Convinced me to use RSS. It's my homeapage now.
3. Make Magazine and their wonderful blog http://makezine.com/blog
4. Rediscovering electronics hacking, music, etc.
5. I don't know if I started at flickr last year, but it really dominated. Lots of supportive friends, inspiring images, and lots and lots of babble.
6. Moo cards. At last personal calling cards I can be proud of!

I'll write more on these and more in the coming days.

No comments: