Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hacking away.


diceyproject
Originally uploaded by osbock.
Had a fantastic Interview yesterday, however it resolves, I will share about it here when I'm able to.

Having a little time, I've finally gotten back to my electronics hobby. I bought this little electronic dice kit to practice soldering (it's been years).
I felt a little bad because I really wasn't that interested in dice, and would have another thing around that i wouldn't use but couldn't throw away, but it was really cheap (<$5).

Turns out, my kids were entranced. We now use it to focus the kids for bed. They push the button, and how ever many dots are lighted, that's how many things they have to do to get ready for bed.

Roll 3: Remove three pieces of clothing
Roll 2: Put pajama tops and bottoms on.
Roll 4: Get toothbrush, put toothpaste on, brush, spit.

They love playing games (and we used to do this with regular dice but they got bored.) and the tech nature is also interesting them in electronics. They are starting to use snapcircuits and are really learning a lot.

No comments: