Thursday, February 08, 2007

Day 3: Buddha machine, ennui


I probably don't have any readers left after my long hiatus between posts, and I hope I don't bore searching for things to write in my current 15 day goal. There's a lot on my mind, especially the travesty around the Boston Lite Brite scare. I find it's still really hard to be articulate around this, but the fact that the city continues to call the silly hack advertising boards "hoax devices" and that Turner caved and gave Boston 2 million really upsets me. I would be fine if they paid someone to educate the first responders as to the difference between a lite brite and a bomb....

On the bright side, I ordered and received an FM3 Buddha machine.
It's a little hard to explain why this thing appeals to me, but it's like an infinite album. I like working in the basement with it in my pocket playing it's endless drone loops through it's scratchy little speaker. I wish it shuffled instead of having to push the button on the side to play tracks, but it really is a new media release. Not CD, not DVD, but a true mass market interactive device, for about the price of a double album...

No comments: