Sunday, February 18, 2007

A little excitement.

Well I missed a day again, but I've been having a lot of fun with the kids. Went sledding yesterday, and everything was ice, so it was very fast. I laughed a lot watching the the kids light up with the thrill.

We went ice skating today, and the twins hooked up with a girl Charlotte had in her class last year. I met her mother and we chatted. I was taking a few turns around when I saw the girl's mother on the ice, with a couple of people standing over her. She had fallen and broken her arm. I helped her get her skates off, and offered to have her daughter stay with us. I offered to drive too, but the rink manager had called an ambulance. She was in a lot of pain and looked like she was going into shock and it took more than 30 min. and the ambulance still hadn't arrived. I told the rink manager that I thought I should take her to the hospital, and at first they didn't want me to because the ambulance was coming, but they decided to let us go.

She insisted I just drop her at the emergency room, and I took the kids back to our house, where they had a fabulous playdate, with more laughter. While they knew her before, I think they are now friends.

No comments: