Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Back to Blogger!

It's been a long time since I've updated this blog. I have been blogging, but in a vain attempt to win Money! Fame! Prizes! over at gather.com

It's certainly an interesting community, far more diverse than where I usually hang out, with lots more middle Americans. After a while, the point grubbing got to me. I'll still be updating some content there, but not spending much time there.

What initially attracted me was the fact that it seemed to be a magnet for aspiring writers, and it is true, there's lots of good stuff in the writing contests there. The article editor is pretty easy to use, but the group posting and image browsing are very primitive, especially compared to flickr.

I have earned a $25 Borders gift card, but it seems to rack up the points you have to do a lot of commenting, which, apparently people do, spending lots of time there. Unfortunately, I don't have the time, and even if I did, the wage works out to something like 27 cents an hour, unless you resort to distasteful cut and paste commenting, which I generally equate to spam.

No comments: