Tuesday, February 12, 2008

365 Self Portraits: Week 4


Here's the weekly update of my project to take a unique self portrait every day this year.



Day 22






This is the goo side of this.



I never finished scanning this one. I feel stupid because I went to see if I could rinse the cruft off, and viola, a nice negative appeared as all the goo washed off. The box didn't say positive negative, but I looked it up and it was. sigh. I've been throwing them away. and the film is discontinued.This is a screen capture from the scanner's preview window. Alas, next time I will take a full scan just in case.



Day 23 - Unclothed






Shot in window light on top of a dresser. Boy it was cold.



Day 24 - Mason and Me






I felt like doing something a little different. Bring one of my loved ones in. Of course it had to be a funky polaroid, expired film.



Day 25 - Hang On






One of the remarkable things about this project is that the face that Ireveal to the camera isn't always the one I plan or expect. I'm not tosure I like the technical details on this one, and the being offbalance, on edge, was not what I was going for. There is truth there.



Day 26 - Nude ascending a staircase









Ok, sometimes I'm just crazy. Walking up nude from my freezing basement. The blur is intentional to keep your eyes safe.



Day 27 - exposed









I saw the sun on the snow, and had this silly idea. Well, first I had to go to the grocery store, fix a snack for girlscouts and then get my gear together. By then the light was rapidly fading, and not much was going right. In the end, I think it's good, because I have to give myself permission to go with whatever I got, or this project will be too much.



Day 28 - Mind Chatter









Multiple exposure Polaroid Spectra. Sometimes I do feel like my mind if full of junk. Oh and yes, I am in there, just look.



 

1 comment:

Lili said...

"One of the remarkable things about this project is that the face that Ireveal to the camera isn't always the one I plan or expect."

It never is, and it's never the one we see in the mirror either, and that makes self-portraiture a little scary. :)