Tuesday, February 12, 2008

365 Self Portraits Week 3


Here's the weekly update of my project to take a unique self portrait every day this year.



Day 15



It was quite late. I hadn't blown it yet, but I hadn't prepared anything either. I shot a couple of goofy faces at arms length. Someone on flickr had just commented on this daisy scanner photograph I had put up a long timer ago. Hmmm. I had just read about some new (to me) photoshop techniques, so I played around. It's certainly weird. I particularly like the petals coming out of my nose.






Day 16 Windowlight



I was testing a camera to give to a friend, and decided to do a few polaroid image transfers. Turns out the film I had on hand was way out of date, so the colors were a bit blue and dark, but not bad overall. This is a technique I used a lot in my "professional" artist days. You peel the polaroid after only a few seconds, and place the negative (not the print side) down on another type of paper. I like Rives Arches printmaking paper. I then use a rubber brayer to adhere the emulsion and wait 60-90 sec, and then peel.



polaroidtransfer,selfportrait,project365



Day 17 -mydeskmymind







To say that I have trouble keeping things tidy is an understatement. It's often frustrating and gets in my way. This is a polaroid spectra double exposure.



Day 18



polaroidtransfer,selfportrait,polaroid,project365



Polaroid Image Transfer on Printmaking paper. There's always a bit of serendipity to these, the bubbles and voids.. Sometimes they run the shot, other times they make them.



Day 19 - Shame






selfportrait,polaroid,sprectra,project365



I've put on some weight since the holidays, and the weather turningcrappy, I haven't been running. I've been putting off showing any of mybody, but thought I'd get it over with. Kindly look away. The transfers weren't working (I think the film was too old.) and this was the last piece of spectra film I had.



Day 20 Bliss




selfportrait,candlelight,project365



An odd, busy, paradoxical, happy day.



Day 21 On waking









My wife says the first thing you do is the only thing you can count on getting done. I've been staying up late doing these, so I set up the camera by the bed to take a picture when I got up. This is me waking up at 6am after getting to bed after 12:30. Good thing I got it out of the way because, either I'm totally out of juice or getting sick so going to bed now, and for once, not doing this at midnight.

No comments: